This engaging, reader friendly book offers innovative yet practical ways to inspire and motivate learners of all ages. Explore experiential, brain-based techniques to engage participants emotionally, physically and intellectually in academic or training content while practicing important social-emotional skills and building a positive and productive learning community.
Active Engagement and Reflection • Penn State Shaver’s Creek
Experiential Education Workshop University of Iowa Extension Program
Workshop at Tamagawa University Japan
Workshop For Educators • Active Dialogue and Reflection
Experiential ToolsFounded by author and educator Jennifer Stanchfield, Experiential Tools is dedicated to the art of experiential group facilitation and teaching. The Inspired Educator Blog, workshops, professional development programs, books, facilitation and teaching tools, are a result of Jen's creative spirit, practical knowledge and years of experience. Her aim is to help educators fill their toolbox with quality, unique, and user-friendly methods to enhance learning, facilitate group development, and engage learners in the process of meaningful reflection and dialogue.
Books by Jen Stanchfield
Jen Stanchfield’s book Tips & Tools: the Art of Experiential Group Facilitation explores the facilitator’s role in groups of all kinds and offers creative tools and activities to enhance group experience. Tips & Tools serves as a guide and an inspiration for teachers and group facilitators looking to spark their creativity and enhance their own unique style.more info/purchase
by the Wood ‘N’ Barnes Author’s Collective. The Me I See is a simple, thorough collection of journaling prompts placed in an accessible workbook template. The pages are full of thought-provoking prompts in an inviting format with a sense of whimsy and fun that is far less intimidating than the blank page.more info/purchase
A Teachable Moment: A Facilitator’s Guide to Activities for Processing, Debriefing, Reviewing and Reflecting
by Jim Cain, Michelle Cummings and Jennifer Stanchfield. A Teachable Moment is full of processing activities to help participants transfer their learning back to everyday life. It’s perfect for new, as well as seasoned, facilitators.more info/purchase
The Inspired Educator Blog
- Key Ingredients for Optimal Group Building Experiences
- Full Plate Time Management Activity
- Best Of Back-to-School and Fall Program Kick-Off Activities and Strategies
- Designing and Re-Imagining the Classroom Space
- Celebrations, Appreciating Others, and Positive Group Norms Activities
- Create Multiple Pathways to Learning
- Differentiated Instruction: Don’t Dismiss It!
- What is Brain-Based Learning? Excerpt from Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner
- The Language We Use in Facilitation and Teaching: Reflection and Reflective Practice
- New Book! Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner
- Cultivating Creativity
- Draw Your School or Workplace
- Bag of Nouns Activity for Review, Reinforcement of Content, Formative Assessment, and Fun!
- Get Them Moving! Physical Activity Improves Learning.
- Gallery Walk: Active Group Reflection and Information Gathering
- Using Metaphor to Build Community and Positive Climate – Postcard Strengths Activity
- A Tag Game That is So Much More: Practicing Collaboration, Consensus and Decision-Making Through Play
- Choice, Control, and a Sense of Ownership
- Strong Beginnings: Find a Hook to Engage Your Groups!
- The Brain, Learning, and Reflection